Author J.S. Sherwood has a passion for stories that show the existence of peace and beauty even in the darkest of times. He spent many years teaching English at the junior high, high school, and college levels, and now brings that love of great writing to bear in his own books.
When he isn’t reading or writing, he’s spending time with his wife, five kids, and two dogs in Arizona. Most likely they’re outside, soaking up the fresh air and sunshine.
SERIES PLAN: THIS FOREIGN UNIVERSE
Watch for the 9-book “This Foreign Universe” series of science fiction adventures to continue releasing, 2-3 books per year, until the conclusion sometime in late 2024 or early 2025.
- Arc 1: The Battles They Fought – Book 1: Foreign Land
- Arc 1: The Battles They Fought – Book 2: Foreign Planet
- Arc 1: The Battles They Fought – Book 3: Foreign Home
- Arc 2: The Earth They Left Behind – Book 4: Almost Pathless
- Arc 2: The Earth They Left Behind – Book 5: Almost Homeless
- Arc 2: The Earth They Left Behind – Book 6: Almost Earthless
- Arc 3: The Seeds They Planted – Book 7: The Engineer
- Arc 3: The Seeds They Planted – Book 7: The Explorer
- Arc 3: The Seeds They Planted – Book 9: The Sage
Book 5: Almost Homeless (Release Date: Spring 2023)
Five years before all plant life on Earth was destroyed, Dr. Dradin Walcott worked to provide himself glory and immortality—at the expense of all helping him—yet he unwittingly brought about tragedy after tragedy, impacting the future of every living creature on Earth.
Back in Cowley, Tashon and the Gaines family fight to survive an entirely new Earth. The orbs that dropped from the second wave of planes set Earth’s plant life back to growing, but not as it used to be. They must now fight for survival in foreign, jungle-like Wyoming as roaming barbarians become more common, and as the Fakes start playing a larger role in their survival.