Author J.S. Sherwood has a passion for stories that show the existence of peace and beauty even in the darkest of times. He spent many years teaching English at the junior high, high school, and college levels, and now brings that love of great writing to bear in his own books.
When he isn’t reading or writing, he’s spending time with his wife, five kids, and two dogs in Arizona. Most likely they’re outside, soaking up the fresh air and sunshine.
SERIES PLAN: THIS FOREIGN UNIVERSE
Watch for the 9-book “This Foreign Universe” series of science fiction adventures to continue releasing, 2-3 books per year, until the conclusion sometime in 2024.
- Arc 1: The Battles They Fought – Book 1: Foreign Land
- Arc 1: The Battles They Fought – Book 2: Foreign Planet
- Arc 1: The Battles They Fought – Book 3: Foreign Home
- Arc 2: The Earth They Left Behind – Book 4: Almost Pathless
- Arc 2: The Earth They Left Behind – Book 5: Almost Homeless
- Arc 2: The Earth They Left Behind – Book 6: Almost Earthless
- Arc 3: The Seeds They Planted – Book 7: The Engineer
- Arc 3: The Seeds They Planted – Book 7: The Explorer
- Arc 3: The Seeds They Planted – Book 9: The Sage
Book 3: Foreign Home (Release Date: Spring 2022)
Can the human survivors learn to work with the two other species to create a home of peace and understanding?
The fight is over. The genocidal Crawlers are either dead or imprisoned, and the Singers in stasis are woken up. The three species must now learn to coexist, but prejudices and biases arise as they try to set up a government unlike any humanity has been a part of: one centered on kindness and mercy above all else.
As arguments and skirmishes turn to murders committed by unknown hands, Smith, Abe, Tashon, and the others must make one more stand, if they’re to bring peace and stability to their new home.